Food Writing Competition

When you visit a local restaurant you expect it to be professional and impressive. However, after my dreadful visit to The Grapes restaurant, I was disappointed about my overall experience.

We were seated to a table and given menu's. My first thought about the menu's was that they felt grotty and had not been cleaned after many people had used them. The menu had a range of food to choose from which was certainly an advantage. I thought that the restaurant's appearance was reasonable. However, it could require significant investment so that the restaurant will maintain a high standard. If the restaurant looked good people would visit there more often.

I ordered a burger with cheese and tomato with sides including chips and salad. The food was served extremely fast and I was also happy that my food was hot. My burger was served on a wooden tray which is different but it was hard to add sauce! However, I noticed when waitress served the food that there was already food on the floor which looked like it had been walked through multiple times and had not been cleaned up. I was disappointed as hygiene is important in any restaurant this therefore made me wonder what the hygiene in the kitchen is like.


Comments

Popular Posts