Buttercream Cupcakes

Hi everyone! First of all happy September! I can't believe how fast this year has gone! I am going to try and update my blog more and try and upload pictures onto my blog today because it hasn't been letting me add pictures!

Today I just thought I would write about how to make Butter Cream Cupcakes! I make these cupcakes all the time and they are my favorite ones!

I will show you how to make these amazing cupcakes and leave the recipe below!

These ingredients will show you how to make 12 regular or 24 mini cupcakes!
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 15-20 minutes
Cooling time: 20 minutes
Oven Temperature: 190 degrees celcius or gas 5

Icing
Preparation time: 15 minutes

Ingredients for the cupcakes
125g/4oz unsalted butter, softened.
125g/4oz caster sugar
2 large eggs, beaten
125g/4oz self-raising flour, sifted
2 tbsp semi-skimmed or whole milk
1 tbsp of vanilla extract

For the Butter Cream icing
75g/3oz unsalted butter, softened
2 tbsp semi-skimmed or whole milk
1 tbsp of vanilla extract
225g/8oz icing sugar, sifted
food colouring (optional)
raspberries to decorate (optional)

step 1-
In a large bowl beat the sugar and softened butter until light and fluffy.
step 2-
Whisk in the beaten eggs a little at a time adding a spoonful of the measured flour to stop the mixture curdling.
step 3-
Using a metal spoon fold in the remaining flour and then add milk and the vanilla extract
step 4-
 Put the cupcakes onto a try and pour the mixture slowly into the cases. Bake in a pre-heated oven to 190 degrees celcuis/ gas 5. The cakes will be done when they are well risen and golden brown! This will take approximately 15 to 20 minutes.
step 5-
 In a large bowl beat the butter with an electric whisk until completely soft. Tip in the milk and vanilla extract and add half of the icing sugar and beat for several minutes. Add remaining sugar and continue to beat until the mixture is light and fluffy. If you would like to add food colouring, add it in now.
step 6-
Take a good dollop of icing and spread over the cupcakes and add your raspberries or any other cake topping you prefer and then serve

Thanks for reading my blog!
enjoy making your buttercream cupcakes and remember to follow me on twitter - @bethfoodwriting

Comments

Popular Posts