Liverpool Echo - Work experience day!

Hey everyone

Hope you are all well,  today I am writing about my work experience at the Liverpool Echo on July 26th.

I arrived at the Liverpool Echo offices at 10am, I was quite nervous as I was going on my own and I would be spending the day with people who I have never met before. However, everyone who I met on the day was very kind and welcoming.

On the day, I had the chance to go out with a journalist to the Red Hot Buffet in Liverpool one as the staff who worked at the restaurant arrived for their shift only to be told that the restaurant was closing down and staff wouldn't be receiving wages. I was able to take some notes and ask some of the staff some questions about the incident. It was really interesting and gave me a great insight into what being a journalist is like by taking part in a real life situation.

I also got to assist another journalist at the office by doing some research for an event she was going to.

I had a great day and thoroughly enjoyed it. It was great to meet some journalists themselves and see what it really is like and it is definitely a career I am looking to go into.

The next day when I bought The Echo, the story I contributed to was on the front page. It was incredible knowing I was able to be apart of it. This is just my first adventure of becoming a journalist and I'm really excited for what the future brings.

Thanks for reading,
Beth xx

Comments

Popular Posts