Battenburg Review

Hi everyone,

Sorry it has been so long since I last wrote a blog, I hope you are all good!

Today I am going to be talking about the battenburg which I made. 

I was really proud of the battenburg when I finished making it because it looked appetising and it was part of my GCSE. I wanted to make the battenburg look eye-catching therefore, I used the colour pink for the other layers of the cake which made the cake look more attractive. 

When applying the marzipan around the cake, it was a little hard but once I started it, it was easier to wrap around the cake.

When I tried the battenburg I really liked the burst of the almond flavour which complimented the other ingredients. The battenburg is one of my favourite cakes and I would definitely recommend having a go at making it. I will leave a photo below so you can see the overall look of my battenburg.

I hope all of you have a merry christmas and a happy new year!

Beth 

Comments

Popular Posts