Cheese & Onion Quiche!

Hey guys!

Hope you are all good. Today I am going to be talking to you about how to make cheese and onion quiche which I always thought would be incredibly hard to make...but I was wrong!

The ingredients you are going to need to make the pastry:
250g of plain flour
125g butter cold and cubed
1/2 tablespoon salt

For the filling:
2 onions, sliced into rings
2 eggs
284ml pot of double cream
250g cheese (I used cheddar)

Before you start make sure to wash your hands, tie hair up, take off any jewellery and make sure your work surface is clean.

Firstly, you are going to put the flour, butter and salt into a bowl. Now, using just your fingertips you are going to use the rubbing in method until the mixture looks like fine bread crumbs! Then add 4 tablespoons of water to the mixture (you can add more if needed) and create a dough.
Sprinkle some flour on to your work surface and shape the dough into a smooth disc. Then you are going to wrap the dough up in cling film and chill for 10 minutes.

Then you are going to roll out your pastry on the floured surface, large enough to fit your tart tin. Then place the pastry into the tin and cut off any edges. Then you are going to line with baking paper and fill with baking beans (using the baking beans is completely optional because I never used them and mine still worked out great). Bake for 15 minutes and then take off the baking paper and bake for another 10 minutes.

Whilst the pastry cooks, soften the onions in oil on a medium heat for about 10 minutes until golden. Beat the eggs and cream together and then crumble up the hard cheese and sprinkle in your pastry case and pour over the egg mix. At first you'll be questioning the quiche but once it's baked it looks so much better!! I baked my quiche for around about 25-30 minutes, but you might need to bake it longer.

I think that quiche is really easy to make once you do it! My quiche was delicious and I think it would be perfect for any occasion! I encourage everyone to make this as its simple and tasty!

hope you enjoyed reading and happy baking!


Comments

Popular Posts