Issues in my local area!

Hello everyone!

Today I am going to be talking a bit about issues in my local area, which may seem strange because I have been writing about food and travel for a while but I thought that extending my blog would be a great idea!

Firstly, I live in Prescot which is situated on the outskirts of Liverpool. I have lived here for around about six to seven years now and I feel that there has been a decline in Prescot.

Prescot is a great place, but for every town to succeed it needs the correct facilities which visitors require. If somewhere doesn't meet the requirements for a visitor, the place will start to decline because it won't be sustainable, and sadly this is what is happening to Prescot.

Yes, Prescot has a wide range of shops but it doesn't have any facilities for younger children. There is a gym and 'soccer' centre located in Prescot but what are girls supposed to do? not all girls play football.

As a teenager, I often get bored and want to go out with my friends but the question is...were is there to go? There are no facilities for teenagers or young adults in Prescot which is ridiculous.

Growing up, I have loved to read and enjoyed english throughout my school years but our ever-caring council has decided to close the library which is completely disgraceful. A library can be used for multiple things including: reading, writing, using the computer, revision lessons/tutoring.

So now not only do we have nowhere to go and enjoy ourselves, we are limited to have to study at home (which might not be the correct environment for all children).

My only hope is that the council see some sense and realise that if Prescot and Whiston don't have the correct facilities, both areas will decline.
I hope to see a change in my local areas, to improve everyones life and education.

Thanks for reading
Beth


Comments

Popular Posts